Custom - fitted mouth guards
Custom -fitted mouthguards are manufactured onsite at Phil's Denture Clinic by means of taking an impression and creating a model of your teeth. Choosing a custom-fitted mouthguard ensures that your mouth is accurately assessed and you are provided with the best fitting mouthguard that is most appropriate for you.
A custom-fitted mouthguard provides a far superior fit than other varieties, as they are designed to suit your individual needs. Over the counter mouthguards are far less effective than those that are custom designed, stock mouthguards of the boil and bite variety do not provide enough protection against injuries to your teeth, mouth or jaw.
Dental injuries that occur due to inadequate or no protection can be very costly. A custom-fitted mouthguard can be a very worthwhile investment and for those who have private health cover the gap payment can be minimal and often be less than what you could expect to pay for an over the counter product.
When made by Phil's Denture Clinic, your custom-fitted mouthguard is:
- Well fitting
- Allows you to speak clearly
- Won't shift or fall out
- Won't restrict your breathing
Mouth Guard Care
- Rinse with cold water after each use
- Store in the mouthguard container you will receive from Phil's Denture Clinic
- Keep out of direct sunlight as high temperatures will alter the shape of your mouthguard
- Occasionally rinse your mouthguard in a mouthwash
- Have your mouthguard assessed by Phil's Denture Clinic particularly if secondary adult teeth have come through or by a dentist at your regular check-up
- Replace your mouthguard if it becomes in any way damaged